Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Full Time
A strong candidate would be a Heavy Equipment Technician who has many years of experience and would like to transition away from turning wrenches, but still would like to provide support to the industry.
Department: Service Department
Reports to: Corporate Service Manager
This individual will monitor machine health of customer and dealer rental fleet unit, coordinate distribution of information to ensure machines are operating properly to increase productivity and reduce risk. This individual will serve as the primary resource for support to include monitoring and research of service alerts and other machine information while coordinating with customers or branch personnel to provide solutions.
- Evaluate machine information to provide proactive solutions to customers and branch service departments.
- Review and monitor machine data from telematics and other sources to provide information to increase machine productivity, to increase uptime and reduce risk.
- Use oil scan test data to provide recommendations to increase customer productivity and reduce downtime and risk.
- Share information and solutions with customers and branch service departments.
- Analyze data to help determine trends and provide feedback and recommendations to preempt failures and prevent downtime/reduce cost.
- Communicate with customers or internal personnel to provide actionable responses to the data being provided.
- Create work orders for the locations when necessary to ensure success of required repairs.
- Record information and activities within approved company database.
- Follow up to ensure solution implementation.
- Provide excellent customer service and follow-up.
- Monitor incoming rental fleet units to determine appropriate action by branch service departments.
- Provide backup to the Technical Communicator.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
Skills, and Knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate by email and telephone to provide information with courtesy and tact.
- Good technical understanding of machine systems.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
High school diploma or GED required. Two-year certificate from a college or technical school for Diesel Maintenance and at least five years related experience within the equipment industry.