Location: Milwaukee, WI
Type of Employment: Full Time
Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment as well as other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company that has been providing customers with the most cost-effective construction equipment solutions since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its customers as well as its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
Ensuring all paper flow and record keeping for the service department is completed and administered properly and efficiently. Administering all aspects of the warranty claim flow including claim writing, warranty parts return, warranty account reconciliation, and warranty appeals. Processing technician payroll information. Working with the Service Manager on day to day operations of the service department. Assisting with job scheduling, customer communication, and inventory tracking and flow.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inventory management – tracking of machinery & attachments that are entering and leaving the yard including checking fuel & hour usage.
- Creates & tracks service work orders.
- Tracks warranty progress.
- Process payroll for all technicians.
- Maintains fuel report.
- Communication link between the technician and the customer.
- Works with 3rd party trucking companies when loading & unloading equipment.
- Operates machines & helps with the loading & unloading of trucks as necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Educations, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
Strong organizational and time management skills. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software. Exceptional customer service and communication skills. Technical Knowledge of Agriculture and/or Construction equipment. Technical/mechanical aptitude is a plus. Previous warranty administration experience a plus.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.