Location: Sparta, WI
Type of Employment: Full Time
Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment and other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
Front line customer support in a fast paced, multitasking environment for a hard working organized and focused individual. Daily responsibilities primarily consist of parts support for our retail and internal clients, managing inventory and controlling expenses.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works for the customer, answering their calls in a professional manner, assisting them to locate the parts needed for their repair
- Maintain customer goodwill by greeting and acknowledge all customers he/she comes in contact with.
- Department is kept in a neat and orderly fashion for safe and professional appearance with routine housekeeping
- Provide Service Department with necessary parts
- Maintains the retail sales floor and displays to meet or exceed the dealership standards
- When working the parts counter, follows prescribed cash, credit and check processing procedures of the dealership. Processes cores, warranties and new return merchandise as required at a point of sale
- Attends training as prescribed by management to maintain proficiency in his/her job description
- Uses Dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently
- Follow up on shortages and expedite solution
- Knowledgeable in merchandising
- Receiving shipments accurately and entering items received into inventory
- Stocking warehouse efficiently and orderly
- Pull orders to be shipped, package parts, label packages, update inventory and customer's account
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse, providing a safe working area for all Parts Associates
- Verifying invoices, credit memos and other administrative duties
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Educations, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
A successful candidate would have three years or more experience in a service/repair parts environment. This could include construction equipment, automotive, truck or agricultural industry experience. Knowledge or experience in inventory and cost control would also be desired.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.