Location: Plover, WI
Type of Employment: Part Time
Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment and other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
Part-Time internship for full-time college students seeking full-time sales position after graduation. This internship position will involve assignments, not just within the sales department, but also Parts, Service, and other areas to give the intern a complete dealership experience. Candidates should consider this to be an extended job-interview with a successful intern gaining full-time employment at the conclusion of the program. This program is only offered in the spring and fall, we don’t take summer or winter interns.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Day-to-day responsibilities will include a mix of relationship development, sales skills & strategies, product knowledge & walk-around skills, inventory management & coordination, and learning Brooks Tractor’s computer systems, processes, and procedures.
- Completing the ‘New Sales Simplified’ company curriculum.
- Be willing and able to perform any other special duties as requested by department managers or other supervisors.
- Coming to work every day with a positive attitude, drive to succeed, and committed to being a great team member.
- Follow all safety rules, protocols, and regulations as instructed by our safety coordinator and in accordance with the employee manual.
- Conduct self in a professional, respectful, and upstanding manner, especially when working with customers and co-workers.
Education, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate/graduate program with the ability to work at least 2 days a week and minimum of 10 hours a week. Will be graduating by May or Summer of 2022 and able to immediately begin a full-time sales position. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office/360 suite of products. At least 3 professional references, excluding family and friends. (Preferred) Business major or other major related to construction, ag, or sales industries. (Preferred) Experience within the construction or ag industries, especially experience operating equipment.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Able to crawl, climb, on or under heavy equipment. Walk over construction/excavation sites (irregular terrain). Stoop, bend, kneel and stand for extended periods of time. Able to operate a motor vehicle day and night. Will be asked to travel long distances with some nights out.