Type of Employment: Full Time
Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment as well as other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company that has been providing customers with the most cost-effective construction equipment solutions since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its customers as well as its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
The Service Manager is responsible for the overall service department operations to ensure customer satisfaction and the financial performance of the department including business growth and profitability through marketing and customer visits. This role also provides leadership in recruiting, motivating, managing, training and evaluating service team members. To lead, supervise and coordinate all functions of the Service Department and be the liaison with other departments in the company as well as manage customer relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews customer requests for service to ascertain cause for service request, type of malfunction, and customer address.
- Determines staff hours, number of personnel, and parts and equipment required for service call, utilizing knowledge of product, typical malfunctions, and service procedures and practices.
- Prepares schedules for service personnel, assigns personnel to routes or to specific repair and maintenance work according to workers' knowledge, experience, and repair capabilities on specific types of products.
- Keeps records of work hours and parts utilized and work performed for each service call.
- Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
- Patrol and monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
- Investigate accidents and injuries, and prepare reports of findings.
- Compile operational and personnel records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Educations, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
Experience repairing John Deere construction equipment a plus. Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the repair of heavy construction equipment. Supervisory/ management experience required. Must be highly self-motivated with excellent customer service and both oral and written communication skills. A proficiency in business software applications required. Compensation package based on experience and qualifications.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.