Location: Sun Prairie
Type of Employment: Full Time
Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment as well as other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company that has been providing customers with the most cost-effective construction equipment solutions since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its customers as well as its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
Process accounts payable activities which include processing parts, complete goods, and all other invoices and maintaining vendor records.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enters all vendor invoices into the dealer business system
- Verifies invoices for accuracy, resolve discrepancies, ensures payment terms are followed, and calculates discounts as appropriate
- Obtains approval and distributes invoices as needed prior to processing payments
- Prepares and processes checks or online payments in a timely manner
- Reconciles vendor statements
- Accurately maintains vendor records and various records for tax purposes (1099’s or tax exempt forms)
- May scan all invoices and destroy or file the paper copy as appropriate
- Assists other co-workers with related tasks as necessary
Educations, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
- Experience with using business system applications preferred
- Knowledge of agriculture equipment industry preferred
- Understands accounting fundamentals
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Excel and internet functions
- Ability to use the dealers business system and other programs specific to the position
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required
- Associates Degree in an Accounting/Finance discipline preferred
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds..