Location: Sun Prairie
Type of Employment: Full Time
Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment as well as other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company that has been providing customers with the most cost-effective construction equipment solutions since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its customers as well as its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
This position will support customers with electronic and GPS system repairs and office time working with Agtek or similar software to produce 3D machine control models.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate/interpolate construction documents into working 3D models and create 3D Machine Control Modeling files to be loaded into various heavy construction equipment systems.
- Create, edit, integrate, and verify project information into rovers and machine control equipment, ensuring GPS equipment is performing within the tolerances allowed.
- Provide support for trouble shooting and upgrading GPS equipment in field and office applications.
- Occasional travel both locally and throughout Wisconsin to support project field work.
- Work varies in complexity and requires independent judgment, initiative and application of standard construction surveying practices, as well as ability to translate/interpolate construction plans in a working 3D model.
- Troubleshoot and repair Topcon electronic components
- Install replacement electronic components, test for proper functionality
Educations, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
- Desired Associates Degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Land Surveying Technology or similar demonstrated experience
- General knowledge of GPS machine control hardware and software including interfacing between desktop computer and machine control equipment
- Ideally be proficient with Agtek or similar CAD software
- Background in electronics repair, or electronics production
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Able to crawl, climb, on or under heavy equipment. Walk over construction/excavation sites (irregular terrain). Stoop, bend, kneel and stand for extended periods of time. Able to operate a motor vehicle day and night. Will be asked to travel long distances with some nights out.