Location: Sun Prairie
Type of Employment: Full Time
Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment as well as other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company that has been providing customers with the most cost-effective construction equipment solutions since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its customers as well as its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
Prospecting, developing sales and delivering Compact Construction Equipment including Skid Steers, Compact Track Loaders, Mini-Excavators, and Compact Wheel Loaders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicates with current prospects and new prospects for sales; plan sales calls and make sales
- Quotes and negotiates prices and credit terms, preparing contracts and monitoring accounts.
- Maintains product knowledge and provides great customer service and technical assistance as needed.
- Maintains regular communications with customers and prospects, building relationships and increasing brand recognition.
- Attends and presents at demonstrations, open house programs, exhibits, and industry meetings.
- Maintains sales management information and prepares reports on business trends and call activity.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or Senior Management.
Educations, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 1-year sales experience in construction equipment and/or agricultural equipment experience.
- Knowledge of construction machine operation and application and ability to demonstrate key product features and benefits to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer relationship skills with ability to satisfactorily resolve customer concerns.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications preferred.
- Valid CDL (or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire) and clean driving record is required.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Able to crawl, climb, on or under heavy equipment. Walk over construction/excavation sites (irregular terrain). Stoop, bend, kneel and stand for extended periods of time. Able to operate a motor vehicle day and night. Will be asked to travel long distances with some nights out.