Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Full-Time
*Interested candidates should email email@example.com to inquire about locations and availability.
Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment as well as other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company that has been providing customers with the most cost-effective construction equipment solutions since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its customers as well as its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
Troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydrostatic, hydraulic and powertrain systems on heavy construction equipment and attachments in a safe and timely manner. Maintain technical and product knowledge of equipment sold within dealerships area of responsibility. Participate in any and all appropriate training as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow all safety rules & regulations in performing work assignments.
- Perform diagnosis & repair.
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealership’s area of responsibility.
- Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Participate in any and all appropriate training.
- Disassemble and assemble engine components to manufacturer’s specifications though the use of hand tools, pneumatic tools, and any specialized tooling provided by Brooks Tractor. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Research repair needs and order parts as needed.
- Load or unload equipment or components from customer owned or common carrier vehicles.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Service Manager and assist other department personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
Educations, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
Successful candidates will have a two-year technical degree and/or at least three years or more of mechanical experience. We are looking for team members that have strong mechanical and diagnostic skills, a good working knowledge of operations and mechanical functions of construction equipment, basic computer skills, and excellent communication skills. Welding/fabrication as well as previous John Deere and Hitachi experience would be a plus. Applicants would be required own their own tools. Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.