Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Full-Time and Part-Time
Brooks Tractor is a leader in construction equipment sales and support for John Deere construction equipment as well as other top-quality lines. Brooks is a family orientated company that has been providing customers with the most cost-effective construction equipment solutions since 1945. This is an opportunity to be part of a proven, successful support team and enjoy a career with a company that is extremely dedicated to its customers as well as its employees. Brooks Tractor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Summary of Position
Troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydrostatic, hydraulic and powertrain systems on heavy construction equipment and attachments in a safe and timely manner. Maintain technical and product knowledge of equipment sold within dealerships area of responsibility. Participate in any and all appropriate training as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
- Perform in-field machinery diagnostics and repairs as required.
- Serve as an in-field representative for the dealership to provide service solutions and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Diagnose, inspect, recondition, repair, assemble, and service equipment as assigned by the supervisor
- Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
- Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
- Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership’s area of responsibility.
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealerships area of responsibility.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals.
- Load or unload equipment or components from customer owned or common carrier vehicles.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Service Manager and assist other department personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
Educations, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements
Successful candidates will have a two-year technical degree and/or at least three years or more of mechanical experience. We are looking for team members that have strong mechanical and diagnostic skills, a good working knowledge of operations and mechanical functions of construction equipment, basic computer skills, and excellent communication skills. Welding/fabrication as well as previous John Deere and Hitachi experience would be a plus. Applicants would be required own their own tools. Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.